Job Search Review
As you move forward with your job search, keep the following tips in mind:
- Approach the job search as if it were a job.
- Get organized and spend at least 25 hours per week actively looking.
- Know your skills and have a clear job objective.
- Get many interviews, including exploratory interviews through networking.
- Have a good answer to the employer’s question, “Why should I hire you?”
- Follow up on all leads generated and send out thank-you notes.
- Employers are people who will hire someone they feel can handle the job well, be reliable, and fit easily into their workplace. Are you that person? Show them with your cover letter, resume and interview.
- If you want the job, don’t forget to tell the employer that and why you want it.
- Ask people to help you in your job search.
- Believe in YOU!
*Information from Quick Resume & Cover Letter Book, (2011 Fifth Edition), by Michael Farr