Managing a Job Search with Technology
It’s important to organize your job search. Now it’s easier with the following options:
- JibberJobber-this site gives you online tools to keep track of your contacts while managing your job search. Free, but they do have an upgrade with more features you must purchase.
- Plaxo-a site which enables you to organize your professional contact information and it’s also a social networking site.
- Smartphone Apps-contact management apps are built into several smartphone types. Buy and download more sophisticated ones if necessary.
- Computer-PC contact management programs, such as ACT! allow you to create electronic “cards” for each contact, you can then integrate them into your weekly schedule.
- Computer-Microsoft Excel allows you to create a spreadsheet for you to log details of each contact and organization.
The above technology makes organizing your networking contacts a breeze. But, don’t forget to network with your contacts in person, not only online. If they were helpful, send a heartfelt thank you note.
If you found this blog post interesting or helpful, we appreciate retweets and sharing!