Welcome to StudentMentor.orgs press kit. Within this page, you will learn how StudentMentor.org is improving college completion and creating a more vibrant and successful 21st century workforce and community.
In this press kit you will find:
Just the facts
- StudentMentor.org launched in 2010 and is the first-ever national college student mentoring program.
- StudentMentor.org is free to use.
- StudentMentor.org is leveraging technology to improve college completion and student career readiness.
- Mentorships can be short-term or long-term.
- Students and their mentors can meet when and where they want either online, by phone or in person.
- Students can choose to have more than one mentor just as mentors can choose to take on more than one mentee.
- Professionals from all industries and at all stages of their career can choose to become a mentor.
As of May 2012:
Students from 1,000+ colleges and universities are in the program.
10,000+ participants and counting!
Mentors have a total of 30,000+ years of experience.
StudentMentor.org Partners with The White House
StudentMentor.org Founders Invited to The White House
StudentMentor.org Named as Seed Grant Winner by DoSomething.org
Students Report Positive Experiences Using StudentMentor.org to Connect with Professionals
New nationwide student mentoring program launches
Founders Ash Jafari and Stephanie Bravo are available to speak on the following topics:
Higher education topics: i.e. increasing college completion
Benefits of mentorship to young adults
General career and job search advice
A wide variety of millenial topics
All aspects of mentoring and mentoring programs
StudentMentor.org Contact Information
media [at] studentmentor [dot] org