Want free career or academic advice
from a professional?

Have an Answer?

1 Answer


Joffe Abraham

I can speak for the pilot side of the house. Both cargo and passenger airlines are manned by commercial pilots.

You need a Commercial pilot license(either single or multi-engine). If you would like to fly passengers - it's a minimum of 1500 hours of flight time to earn and Airline Transport Pilot license(ATP).

You can go to a flight academy and knock out your ratings there(I did mine in 7 months). I did 16 hour days for most of that time period and it was like drinking from a fire hose. The other option is an aviation college but most of my colleagues would agree that you should get your college degree in something else so that you can make a living when faced with an inevitable furlough.

Additionally, you need to pass a FAA flight physical.

Let me know if you have additional questions.

Answered 9 years ago

Joffe Abraham