Have an Answer?
There are many potential career path for a construction enthusiast. Long answer below. I included a few Wikipedia links for additional information.
The construction field involved many professional trades, including but not limited to:
Designing and Engineering:
1. Architecture - e.g. designing of buildings and architectural lighting
2. Structural - e.g. engineering structures that will not collapse
3. MEPFP - e.g. chiller, boiler, heating system, air conditioning system, electrical power, lighting, plumbing for toilets and kitchen, sprinkler fire protection and gas suppression systems
4. Low Voltage - e.g. IT and wireless system, fire alarm system, hospital systems, security systems.
5. Acoustic and Sound engineering - intensification or reduction of sound within a building.
6. Civil - e.g. landscaping, highways and roadways, traffic pattern, soil forensic, and others.
Construction (directly related to the designing and engineering portion above):
1. Construction management (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Construction_management)
2. General contractor (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_contractor)
3. Speciality installation contractors and Journeyman (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Journeyman)
3a. Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning (HVAC) mechanical contractor
3b. Electrical building contractor
3c. Plumbing and Sprinkler contractor
3d. Information Communications Technology contractor (e.g. IT equipment, security systems, audio visual systems, fire alarm system, nurse call (hospital) system, etc.)
3e. Structural contractor (e.g. laying out the steel or concrete deck and flooring, welding steel beams, etc)
3f. Windows and Doors contractor
3g. Many others that I haven't worked with yet.