Want free career or academic advice
from a professional?

Have an Answer?

1 Answer


CJ Tracy

I agree that research is a vague term. To be an what I think of as a researcher in the sciences, one needs a PhD.

If when you say research, you mean any kind of field work, you could work in environmental consulting. However, it is more difficult to find a job in that field with an ecology degree than with geology or engineering.

Try looking at job search websites. Type in ecology and a location you would be willing to live in to see if there are jobs available.

Answered 9 years ago

CJ Tracy