I am currently a Junior at Rider University, however I had a terrible first year for my major in Accounting. The assignments and exams stress me out and when I had to retake a class now, I forgot everything about the basics and feel it may not be my calling after all and might change my major. However, I have no idea on what I am good at if Accounting isn't my forte and I am not really a positive person with myself, so I need assistance if anyone can help me that is.
Have an Answer?
Did you seek out help from your professors? Sometimes, one to one instruction can be very helpful and you may find that you do have a good handle in this discipline: Accounting, after all.
1. If you still did not perform well, have you considered a degree in Marketing?
2. Or, a degree in Operations Management? You need a good working knowledge of mathematics and statistics to excel in this field.
3. A degree in Human Resource Management is also a possibility
In all three, you need:
1. Good communication skills- written and oral.
2. The ability to function well in teams
3. The ability to think analytically
4. Critical thinking skills
YOU NEED TO BE POSITIVE ALL THE TIME!!! Just work hard, be disciplined, and be focused.