Want free career or academic advice
from a professional?

Have an Answer?

1 Answer


Suzanne Robinson

Your best option is to go into a local school district (maybe your college counselors could help facilitate this process) and ask about the different types of positions/careers they have, and whether they could help you observe or shadow these people working. Other than the most obvious, classroom teacher, those employed by districts include paraprofessionals, speech and language pathologists, occupational and physical therapists, PE and Adaptive PE teachers, and so on. Another option would be to contact a local university's teacher education program- most of them have overviews where you can find out more about their programs and most of them work.

Answered 9 years ago

Suzanne Robinson