Want free career or academic advice
from a professional?

Have an Answer?

1 Answer


Mario Antonio Martinez

I'm guessing that you mean a professor of education? or a professor in a particular discipline? I'll try and answer both. Presently it is difficult to land a full time professor job without a doctorate or terminal degree in your field. So let's say you graduate with an undergraduate in history and would like to be a college professor who teaches history. You should go on and get a master degree in history and go on to get a Ph.D. in history. Then you would be marketable to teach as a college professor. If you are interested in teaching education, you should take a master in teaching, teach for about 5+ years, and consider entering a Ph.D. program in education, curriculum and instruction, or some related degree program. You can also enter the professional terminal degree equivalent, or an Ed.D., which would be the professional equivalent of a Ph.D. I hope this helps.

Answered 8 years ago

Mario Antonio Martinez