Want free career or academic advice
from a professional?

Have an Answer?

1 Answer


Arrah Massimini

I would encourage you to pursue special education as I believe even if you do not become a classroom teacher, an education degree will be more versatile. I have worked as a high school special education teacher for the previous 5 years and prior to that work with adults with developmental disabilities in group home settings. You may find (as I have) that teaching is a great fit---if you are more keen on working with adults you can always work with teens or young adults in transitional programs. With a social work degree however, there are not as many job possibilities and you would have a more limited ability to work in education.

Answered 11 months ago

Arrah Massimini