Want free career or academic advice
from a professional?

Have an Answer?

1 Answer


Suzanne Robinson

If you want to be a classroom teacher in a public school, you will need to get your Bachelor's degree and a teaching credential (which includes a few tests and 1-2 years of coursework). You can teach at different populations- preschool/early childhood, elementary age, middle or high schoolers, students with special needs, etc. If you have a particular subject area you are most interested in teaching, you can focus on that. Or if you want to specialize in a particular area, like reading, you can be a reading specialist. You can also teach in different settings- classrooms, after school programs, private schools, etc. There are many options!

Answered 8 years ago

Suzanne Robinson