Want free career or academic advice
from a professional?

Have an Answer?

1 Answer


Mike Palmieri

Hi - check out this link: http://www.theatrefolk.com/blog/want-to-teach-theatre-heres-some-advice-for-you/

Generally, a Bachelor of Fine Arts, and a teaching certificate; or a Bachelor degree in Education with further studies in Theatre/performance/etc (MFA) would work.
It will depend on your state, as well, in terms of certifications for teaching.

The curriculum will depend on your school; so, for example, many colleges have Theatre AND Musical Performance AND Dance as separate programs. For K-12 that might not be the case, since departments/faculty may be limited.

Answered 7 years ago

Mike Palmieri