Want free career or academic advice
from a professional?

Have an Answer?

1 Answer


Marjorie Light

First of all, I am a teacher who has many friends who are counselors. Most of my counselor colleagues were NOT teachers first. They went to school and received a counseling degree, a Master's degree. Depending on the area in which you live, you might need to relocate to start your career, as the job saturation in a town with a university program for counseling often is greater than other areas. My friends who are counselors find it extremely rewarding. I also have a friend who has an independent practice as a counselor and he specializes in working with teens. Best wishes as you pursue your education!

Answered 7 years ago

Marjorie Light