Want free career or academic advice
from a professional?

Have an Answer?

1 Answer


Mike Palmieri

It depends on the specialization within the degree.

Generally, an M.Ed will lead to a teaching or professor role (a PhD will be needed for most college faculty tenure track positions, but many adjuncts/lecturers have master's degrees)

You can also become:
an administrator/manager within an educational setting
an academic counselor/advisor
a students services professional (career services, student affairs, etc)
a consultant
high school guidance counselor

Answered 8 years ago

Mike Palmieri