Want free career or academic advice
from a professional?

Have an Answer?

1 Answer


Marjorie Perez

First you need to obtain a Bachelor's Degree in Psychology or a related field. Then you need to receive a Masters in Education, with an emphasis in school counseling (school guidance counseling). If you decide you want to counsel students from K-12, you need to get a PPS credential. If you decide to counsel a the college level, a PPS credential is not needed. This pertains to the state of California.

Answered 7 years ago

Marjorie  Perez