Want free career or academic advice
from a professional?

Have an Answer?

1 Answer


Robert Stein

Go to the student advisory area of a local college. Tell them you want to train to be a counselor and ask what you should do while you are a HS student. They will show you a training program that you can use to direct your independent study and may have volunteer opportunities that will let you get useful experience.

If you qualify, your school may have a program that lets you earn college credit while in HS. This will save you money on college and let you get some of the core courses out of the way so you can begin taking courses in your chosen field sooner than you would if you waited until you got into college to start.

Answered 9 years ago

Robert Stein