Want free career or academic advice
from a professional?

Have an Answer?

1 Answer


Gabriel Llanes

There's a lot of things you can do! I would recommend looking into the State Department's Foreign Service opportunities and even the Navy or Air-force as a Public Relations Officer after college.

There are various careers within the CIA and NSA which require a proficiency in foreign languages. Most of the of the jobs ask that applicants have both prior military service dealing with top secret clearance and a Master's degree.

Internships are also very important. If you have the opportunity, look for an internship on Capital Hill.

All of these are very competitive and require a good GPA, extensive internship experience and high marks on candidate entrance exams.

Also, looking into degrees in the International Relations field is probably best. Minoring in a language and working towards an academic certificate in areas like National Security studies is very helpful.

Good luck!

Answered 7 years ago

Gabriel Llanes