Want free career or academic advice
from a professional?

Have an Answer?

1 Answer


Joe Cohan

It depends on what you're drafting. If you're drafting machine parts you can become a mechanical engineer; if you drafting building elements, you can become an Architect. Personally, I'm in the Civil Engineering industry and I've seen a number of people become designers and then engineers without the degree. Granted it's difficult to become registered, but I would rather work with a drafter who has 10 years experience in the industry than someone fresh out of college.

Answered 9 years ago

Joe Cohan