Want free career or academic advice
from a professional?

Have an Answer?

1 Answer


Stephanie Graham

It is always possible to earn your education in one state/country and pursue the actual career in another state or country. However, it is not always easy and you should do your homework first. I recommend that you research the requirements for the country/state that you intend to practice and/or take the bar in. I attended law school in Pennsylvania, I took the bar exam in New York and New Jersey and now I work in Georgia...I had to pay a lot of money to be admitted to practice law in Georgia. Since I had graduated law school and passed the bar exam in NY/NJ more than five years ago, I was allowed to be admitted to practice law in Georgia "on motion." That motion involved an 18 page application, a background check, letters of reference and a substantial fee close to $2,000. It is different for every state. I also recommend that you look into "reciprocity to practice law in XXX." I hope this helps.

Answered 5 years ago

Stephanie Graham