Want free career or academic advice
from a professional?

Have an Answer?

1 Answer


Victoria Kerns

If you're interested in becoming a school counselor, you should be able to get a bachelor's degree in either psychology or education. Education may be more useful, as you can always stop there and get a teaching license if you decide later that's what you want. Psychology degrees usually require a graduate degree or two to provide further employment opportunities. After that, many schools with a graduate school offer Master's degrees in school counseling, which will qualify you to work as a guidance counselor.

Answered 6 years ago

Victoria Kerns