Want free career or academic advice
from a professional?

Have an Answer?

1 Answer



You should definitely find a local Mental Health or Behavioral facility to volunteer or obtain a position so you can become exposed to the areas of study you are interested in. This will give you an advantage to your studies becuase you will better understand what your profesors are talking about if you can picture specific patients you have worked with. The facility will most likely allow you to remain on the payroll as a "prn" employee meaning you can come back on breaks and holidays and take some shifts. This is what I did prior to going to college and it was a big help! Good luck

Answered 9 years ago