Want free career or academic advice
from a professional?

Have an Answer?

1 Answer


Susan Mellinger

Of course you can take this road. I suggest you do the reverse. A Masters degree in psychology will open more doors for you. You can become a licensed counselor after you finish your master program by sitting for the licensing exam. If you don't want to be a nationally license counselor you can still be an unlicensed counselor if you work for an group of licensed therapists. Also if you want to teach at a college level you can do that easily in a junior college as an adjunct teacher. The pay is not great but it can be fun. Or you can teach an on-line course for a college.

Answered 6 years ago

Susan Mellinger