Want free career or academic advice
from a professional?

Have an Answer?

1 Answer


Kayla Krahmer

Ultrasound technicians need to complete an associate's degree or postgraduate certificate program from an accredited program.

You need to make sure the program you pursue is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP). Many employers will only hire employees who have education from an accredited program.

You can visit their website at http://www.caahep.org, and search for programs by state. Ultrasound Techs fall under the "Diagnostic Medical Sonography" program.

This is a great career path. Best of luck to you!

Answered 5 years ago

Kayla Krahmer