Want free career or academic advice
from a professional?

Have an Answer?

1 Answer


Heather Shipman

The first year of college is difficult, especially when you're feeling unsure! You don't have to be a teacher to be able to work with children. You can go into the field of social work or psychology and help those with disabilities or mental illnesses, and help them through their journeys. I think that would be very rewarding for someone wanting to work with children. It gives you a hands on approach, and if you ended up wanting to work with adults the fields can be so interchangeable that you would be able to do that as well. I wish you the best of luck!

Answered 7 years ago

Heather Shipman