Have an Answer?
Aundraya Williams, PHR
Your duties may vary depending on your function within the HR department, such as:
- Recruitment/Staffing/New Hire Onboarding
- HRIS/Employee Status Changes/Managing Files
- Employee Relations/Performance Management
- Training & Development
- Benefits/Leaves of Absence
- Workers' Compensation/Safety/Risk Management
Your duties may also vary by company. Some companies organize their HR department by specialty (one person handling recruitment, one person handling benefits, etc.) and others are organized by client group (i.e. generalists that handle all HR duties for an assigned department).