Want free career or academic advice
from a professional?

Have an Answer?

1 Answer


Ron Stanley

While an HR degree would be good, few school offer such a degree. Most peoole I know in HR do not have degrees specifically in that field. Most people "evolve" into the field by seeking and taking opportunities in that area and develop a skill-set that makes them qualified, competent HR people.

If you cannot or are unable to major in HR you should consider earning a PHR or SPHR designation through SHRM, look for HR internships, and seek jobs that are HR related in some way.

Hope this helps,

Answered 8 years ago

Ron Stanley