Want free career or academic advice
from a professional?

Have an Answer?

1 Answer


Raj Krishnamoorthy


My recommendation would be to go for Master's degree in Health care - MHA or MBA. MHA should be accredited by CAHME ( http://www.cahme.org/). There are plenty of universities who do both online and part time courses, however you have to make sure it is accredited by CAHME. I would recommend you to check with State universities first and then look for private universities. State Universities are recognized/Public and they do have health care programs both online & evening programs.

Other recommendation would be to do MBA - Part time/online/full time. Most of the MBA courses do have specialization in health care. i.e Electives /area of emphasis can be in health care. Since you already have an engineering degree and fairly good experience, you can go directly into Health care IT management through these courses. I presume when you refer to informatics - you looking for data frameworks/ Info Tech area in health care.

There are other courses such as Master of Public administration, which does have emphasis on health care.


Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks, Raj

Answered 9 years ago

Raj Krishnamoorthy