Want free career or academic advice
from a professional?

Have an Answer?

1 Answer



Deciding whether to study to be a technician with a trade school or getting a BSET (engineering technology) degree is what I think you are asking?

If you study to work on one system (Cisco or Microsoft) you may be less flexible in which company you can work for. However if you have a VERY STRONG DESIRE in a particular system go for it!

If you study BSET you can do at many colleges and universities. It will take 4 years but you may be able to qualify for financial aid to make up for loss of income if you go to a 2 year school.

If you have more specific questions I can answer them better let me know Peter

Answered 8 years ago