Want free career or academic advice
from a professional?

Have an Answer?

1 Answer


Elizabeth Lehto

After high school you'll want to go to undergrad and get a bachelors. The school you attend and major you choose is entirely up to you. With such a high GPA you'll probably have your pick of schools.

Once you get your bachelors, it's medical school time. Again, there are a lot of options here. You can study to be either a MD or a DO before going into anesthesiology. The school you pick will depend on how you do in college and what your MCAT score is, but be sure to look for schools with a high match rate for anesthesiology.

Anesthesiology residency is four years, the first year being a transitional year and the last three years are spent studying anesthesiology.

The American Medical Association has a pretty good article on anesthesiology: http://www.ama-assn.org//ama/pub/about-ama/our-people/member-groups-sections/minority-affairs-section/transitioning-residency/residency-programs-an-inside-look.page

Answered 9 years ago

Elizabeth Lehto